Dentistry is the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of conditions, disorders, and diseases of the teeth, gums, mouth, and jaw. Often considered necessary for complete oral health, dentistry can have an impact on the health of your entire body. Often there is a question, whether it is necessary to visit the dentist in the absence of any complaints, but it is proved that your teeth may feel fine, but it is still important to see the dentist regularly because problems can exist without you knowing.
Visiting the dentist regularly will not only help keep your teeth and mouth healthy, but will also help keep healthy the rest of your body. It is suggested to visit dentist every 6 months (twice a year).
Dental care is important because it:
- Helps prevent tooth decay
- Protects against periodontal (gum) disease, which can lead to tooth and bone loss
- Prevents bad breath – brushing, flossing, and seeing the dentist regularly will help reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth that causes bad breath
- Gives you a more attractive smile and increases your self-confidence
- Helps keep teeth looking bright by preventing them from becoming stained by food, drinks, and tobacco
- Strengthens your teeth so that you can enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles for the rest of your life!
Services that dentistry provides:
- General dentistry: regular examinations and cleaning to keep dental hygiene at the top level, and to prevent any future dental problems. Also provides teeth extraction, filling, sealants (applied to chewing surface of the back teeth, act as a barrier against decay-causing bacteria) and root canal treatment.
- Cosmetic dentistry: enhances the visual aesthetics of your teeth and maintain oral health by providing veneers, porcelain crowns, bridges and teeth whitening.
- Orthodontics: provides dental braces for children and adults whose bite need to be corrected and/or teeth aligned.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are artificial roots used to support replacement teeth.
- Periodontal treatment
- Temporomandibular joint treatment